“Another clean shirt’ll do that boy.”
Reason – Jamie was coughing and spluttering because he smokes too much. Bert’s remark in translation means,
“Judging by the sound of him that fellow is going to die soon.”
Now of course clean shirts don’t apply to myself as I don’t wear ‘em but I fear that I’ll not be needing many more clean blouses as I’m on my way out too. Won’t be long now before I’m under the mountain ash. And I’ll tell you for why because I was reading something very scary over at Jimmy Porter’s place.
With growing horror I realised that the severe sore throat I woke up with this morning is actually the dreaded Avian Flu! How do I know? Let me list my Reasons To Be Fearful.
- We have taken possession of two new hens, ex-battery slaves, name of Patsy and Attracta.
- Our dog Paddy is obsessed with them.
- Patsy is poorly. Bert says it’s because Paddy mumphed at her but I know it’s Avian Flu.
- Paddy licked Patsy’s arse.
- Later on that evening he licked my face.
It’s been nice knowing you all. Keep on blogging.