Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Best Laid Plans

Life has a way of surprising you. Way back in October I was giving up my long-term, part-time job working with the dispossessed in order to do something more rewarding (my teaching course) instead. Now it's March and this evening I signed on the dotted line to take up full-time work with a building and property developing firm. I really didn't see that one coming.

And the teaching course? Still struggling with it - and Dear God it is a struggle now.

The new firm? Early days but it does look promising. They are a great crowd to work for. Filthy Mammon? Ye cudn't bate it with a big stick!

5 comments:

Ronni said...

Congratulations! I have a mantra.

"Money is money and money is nice."

It's a holdover from my days as a struggling single mom, when I had to do all sorts of obnoxious things to get by, like clean other people's houses, and wash their dogs and organize their garage sales.

It's difficult to get by without money, and, if you make a decent amount, then you don't have to work so many hours for it.

Anonymous said...

fantastic!in ballymena is it?? im a big big fan of the unexpected - in october i started a perfect job, mid january made redundant, now looking again but playing alot more music...which is just fine.

mikey x

Mudflapgypsy said...

I was in a job I detested and took a risk and got a temping post doing something I had done before...or so I thought. It turned out to be even better and 8 months later I had an interview for the same role only a permanent one. Three years later I am still here and I really like my job. Sometimes the unexpecetd is brilliant. Good on ya Nelly.

Bank Of Doge said...

spike milligan said: "money won't buy you happiness but it will buy a more pleasant form of misery."

He should know, he was bloody loaded.

Nelly said...

The money isn't that great y'know. It means I'll be able to shop at Oxfam every week now instead of once a month.

It is better than the slave wages paid to agency scum.