Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Potter's World of Owls

On Saturday afternoon Bert, myself and a selection of Banjos went to World of Owls in Randalstown to plant climbers. These climbers were mainly Clematis montanas, and they're going to help give the owls a bit of privacy. When they grow. If they grow.

I uploaded a few pictures over in Flickr.

It was a very owly Saturday. Ballymena's Tower Centre had a Harry Potter themed day and one of the 'attractions' was a display of owls from a local school of falconry. I don't think the owls were Potter fans for they didn't look too delighted to be there.

So I suppose loads of you, besides Ed, bought and read the latest of those damn books that have made JK Rowling, Daniel Radcliffe and the rest multimillionaires. I shan't be reading it just yet. Maybe if I'm ever serving a jail term I might get round to it. Despite my reluctance to read it I'd like a private email telling me what happened and who died.

5 comments:

Ronni said...

I'm still reading it...

I have a list of books for if I'm ever in traction.

Mudflapgypsy said...

I though I was the only one who has resisted the programming to read a kiddies book.

Just say no Nelly.

Nelly said...

I'd love to see that list Ronni.

I have to admit I read the first three Potters but with ever-decreasing enthusiasm.

And some children's fiction is terribly good.

Hageltoast said...

they are far from the best fiction for this age group that i've read (Garth Nix and Phillip Pulman are much better writers), but they are easy to read and enjoyable if you ignore the flaws for the sake of light entertainment. As such I guess i'm a fan.

Nelly said...

I've read the Northern Lights trilogy. And loved it. Funnily, or perhaps not, it was a Potter fan recommended it.