Thursday, March 13, 2008

I'm Worried About Bert

He's changing. He's not as ruggedly masculine as he used to be. I hope it's not an ageing thing for he's not even 50 yet!

First there was the slug in his cabbage. I remember a time when that wouldn't have fazed him one bit. Slug on your greens! He'd have laughed at me or the girls for making a fuss about a little thing like that.

Then today he was giving off about me running the hot water away. Isn't it a woman's thing to be moaning at men for wasting the good hot water?

But worst of all - I came into the den last night and Friends was on. 'You're not watching that are you?' I remarked as I grabbed the remote control and switched to Top Gear. He was a bit miffed. 'Well it's better than that oul crap,' says he indicating Clarkson and Denise van Outen. We had to go back to Friends. Turns out it's his current favourite programme and Joey and Phoebe are his favourite characters. Dear God! It's only a matter of time before he's out at Daniel O'Donnell concerts.

But one thing gives me hope. He's still pissing on the toilet seat.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It has all gone downhill since you asked the BIG question!

Nelly said...

Well spotted! He must be trying to put me off.

Mudflapgypsy said...

Aha, you must have taken advantage of Feb29th then?

He's in shock, don't worry, he'll come round.

I agree with him on Clarkson though, mind you a bit of a Hobson's choice IMO.

Anonymous said...

As long as he keeps peeing on the toilet seat everything wil be ok.
Mel. x x