Thursday, April 01, 2010

Behind The Times

....meanwhile Nelly is well behind the times in not realising that Google Street View had eventually got the length of the loanins, boreens and keshes of Norn Iron. Well better late than never. Bert and I were this very evening negotiating our virtual way around Craigs and Dunminning looking for a particularly charming thatched cottage. "Y'know," says I, "It might even be quicker to get in the car and drive there."

And speaking of the car - this evening while placing my mother's weekly shop in the boot (trunk for youse Americans) I caught sight of something grey and furry. I took it for a dead rabbit at first. Closer inspection showed my rabbit to be a pile of German Shepherd puke with a fungal beard growing on it. I did cringe for my car had been at the auto electricians all day Tuesday and I know that the man was all over it looking for a fault. I wondered at his sad, pitying look as I collected my keys. Now I know. He thinks I am the sort of person who drives around with a pile of moldering dog vomit in my car. I am that person.


NOT EXACTLY GWNI

but you can give it a go if you want


At lunchtime today I walked from here...


...to here. Then I walked back again. It took me 42 minutes.

3 comments:

Anna said...

Nice walk...lovely scenery.

magsmcc said...

I can't believe you have vomit as a category! I must read on!

Nelly said...

With vomit as a category you can see why I like to get out in the fresh air.