Monday, August 02, 2010

Merry Sodding August

Earlier today I met up with Ganching for a coffee in the local garden centre. Ganching was tempted by the soup but I pointed out to her that charging four pounds and fifty effing pee for a bowl of stinking soup was seriously taking the piss.

As we were leaving the server was putting up a plastic Christmas tree and she'd already hung up a fine display of felt Christmas stockings. The entrance was crammed with large plastic Santas and hideous reindeers. In bloody August! In the school holidays! I'm never, ever going there again.

6 comments:

hails said...

Oh my God, you are not serious?!!!

In AUGUST?!!

I have nothing of value to add here, I'm just in shock. However, now I come to think of it, I did sing a duet of Fairytale Of New York at karaoke the other night, so I suppose I'm as bad.

Anonymous said...

THE WIFE OF ONE OF YOUR COUSINS (RASHARKIN?) SAYS YOU SHOULD BE "ON GRUMPY OLE WIMIN"

Anonymous said...

THE HUSBAND OF THE COUSIN'S WIFE SAYS HO HO HO !!!!

Ronni said...

I hate it when they try to sell Christmas so early! I'm never ready to think about it until the beginning of December, and I'm usually humbugged out by then.

Anonymous said...

keep on grumpin' cousin Mary. I love it!!

Anna said...

Dare I 'fess up? We spend the winters in western Washington since the weather is much milder there than in eastern Washington where we spend the rest of the year. Last year we left WWA shortly after New Years so left the (fake) tree and all decorations in place. It will be so nice to go home in November for Thanksgiving dinner and all my Christmas decorating will be done! May I note - this was done from pure laziness, not to encourage crass commercial enterprise.