Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Country Wines

It's a long, long process this wine making. I started in August and, so far, have only bottled the blackcurrant. It will be at least six months before it's ready for drinking. Maybe I'll try a bottle for my birthday. Of course, the wisdom is that you would be better leaving it for a year or more but that depends on the wine. Apparently apple can be drunk while it is relatively young.

I've started 15 gallons already and I now have an assistant (not Bert) who has helped me with the last three batches.

Picture courtesy of Zoe Bowyer, photographer and dandelion picker

These are the wines that are currently in production.


Blackcurrant (bottled)
Rhubarb the first
Damson 
Rhubarb the second
Parsnip
Peach
Blackberry and Raspberry
Carrot
Bramley
Raspberry
Beetroot
Orange
Birch Sap
Dandelion
Nettle


3 comments:

Grannymar said...

Wow!

Have started designing thew labels yet?

Nelly said...

No. Not yet. I should get round to it for it would probably be a lot of fun.

Brig said...

Can't wait to see what you come up with for labels...
Off to get some Two Buck Chuck...only in nor-cal