Sunday, May 08, 2016

Garden Show Ireland, 2016

For the third year running I attended Garden Show Ireland in Antrim's delightful Castle Grounds. The first year I went on my own. But for the past two years I've been going with Martha, Evie and Zoe and it has been much more enjoyable. It helps that we are all interested in gardens and plants. Martha saw lots of show gardens that delighted her and made sure that I got a picture so we could remember them.


This was a feature in a 'fairy' garden. Both girls liked it very much.


Take a photograph Granny!


So I did.

There were a couple of mildly unfortunate incidents.


Evie's strop. It didn't last long.


Martha not making it to the top of the climbing tower. She did very well for a first-timer.


Martha and Evie take the weight off their legs.


Zoe admiring the wonderful willow baskets on display.


It was a very enjoyable day and I even bought some plants - some variety of comfrey, unlabelled.  I'll take a chance. And inspired by all we had seen I actually planted out my allium pots today, weeded and watered, made a start on the sweet william and now have a very sore left paw. Despite my achey hand I henceforward mean to spend all fine days in the garden. The housework can go to pot!

No comments: