Monday, December 12, 2016

Warm For The Time of Year

The other morning I went out to feed the hens and the weather was positively balmy. There was a warm wind blowing from the south. It's not unpleasant but it does get one wondering, where will it all end?

On this day last year it was a miserable, sleety cold day. I know this because I took a picture of our wintry garden. And a few years before that a poor wee mouse drowned and froze in the greenhouse. This year no sleet, no snow, no frozen mice. I expect I should be glad but, this year, I'd love snow for Christmas.


So, there you go, twelfth post in a row and all I can manage is a bit of a chat about the weather. This is what it comes down to. Yet in Real Life I have opinions, hard opinions about Arlene Foster and Donald Trump, climate change, the alt-right and Brexit among other topics. In Real Life I swear like a sailor and have a filthy sense of humour, not like the nicey-nice me that writes Nelly's Garden. In Real Life I have daily achievements that I brag about. Why only today I made an incredible stew, edged a 1000 piece jigsaw and went for a brisk walk. I also progressed several gallons of wine. The Blackcurrant & Beetroot and the Raspberry were particularly tasty. Nelly is much more modest than I. In Real Life I am obsessed with my daily poo but we won't even go there. In Real Life I sing funny made-up songs to my grandchildren, my husband, my dogs and my chickens. And my cats. They all love them (except the cats) but I'm too shy to share and I worry that my silly songs may not be as funny as I think they are. In Real Life I am fiercely proud of my three daughters but I rarely bring that to the garden. In Real Life I am an atheist but I won't speak of it here for I know many of my on-line friends have faith. In real life I am a hard-working, naturally lazy sod who has no money, loves being retired and has never been happier in her life.

Little wonder this blog is so boring.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Struggling to leave a message!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are happy, it's not boring!

Nelly said...

I am told the comments are not working so this is merely a test to see if I can comment.

Nelly said...

Discovered two new comments in spam folder! Naughty blogger. Thanks Anons! Will try v. hard not to be bland from now on.

ganching said...

Everyone who writes a blog is constructing a version of themselves that is slightly different from what they are like in real life. I like to think that I am not quite as ridiculous and certainly more self-aware than ganching. Having said that though I think you have every right to express your views on politics, religion and other supposedly controversial topics - but maybe not anything about the toilet or made-up songs - and who cares what the god fearing Trumpists think.

Nelly said...

Ganching, I think I am probably far more ridiculous than Nelly.

Susannah said...

Hmm, I have lots in common with the Real Life blogger. I am, however, very happy to read whatever ramblings you decide to write!

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your blog. You don't have to 'toe the line' in any way..be however you want to be. Certainly not boring! Ann

Nelly said...

Loving getting all these comments. Sometimes I think there's no-one else out there!