Thursday, September 14, 2017

September 14th

At last! Bert is working on a tune that I actually enjoy listening to. He says I will be fed up with it before he is finished but I don't think so. It's not Jazzer you call me. She is the one who cut her husband's banjo strings after listening to him play his part in Duelling Banjos once too often.

Bert's melody?  Si Tu Vois Ma Mère.

Today was child day and I was frogmarched to the craft and hobbies store to buy decorations for Martha's birthday cake. She chose an orange dog even homelier than Scooby Doo and neon pink candles. I will have to include multi-coloured Smarties to pull the whole thing together. Pictures are promised.

And speaking of photographs. Before we picked Martha up Evie and I shopped at the Polish store where we bought....



I loved the picture on the cocoa packet. Pasta is always good and Bert likes nothing better than some tinned crap. Although maybe not so fond of the sos tomat.

4 comments:

Mage said...

Ah, crap cake.

Nelly said...

I'll report back as soon as he's tried it.

Cathy said...

I take it the Crap is some brand of fish - looking forward to Bert's thoughts 😊

Nelly said...

Cathy - I think so. Haven't figured out what it is yet. Don't think it is Polish.