Friday, May 22, 2020

Oatus Interruptus

Finished Porridge Bread


I'm right in the middle of preparing porridge bread when the phone rings. The person on the other end has a drawly, disinterested Southern English accent.

Hellooo, Mrs Moser? 
Yes?
This is Dylan. I'm calling about your washing machine insurance.
What about it?
It's due to expire.
Is it?
Yes. How's your machine going?
Brilliant. No problems.
That's goood. Now, as I said, the insurance is about to run out and we can...
Who do you work for?
Ah! UK Appliances...
I hope you don't mind me saying but this sounds like a scam.
It is a scam. You can hang up now.

So I do. And I don't even have washing machine insurance. Next time I'm going to play the scatty old lady, not able to find my purse etc. for my credit card details, then when I've wasted a good ten minutes of his time I'm going to shout into the phone, YOU CAN FUCK RIGHT OFF!

3 comments:

connika said...

We’re laughing and laughing here in ?toowoomba...

Nelly said...

I send thanks and greetings (to) Toowoomba.

plum said...

You have made me laugh.... what a good idea !