Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Fashion Conscious. Moi?

Just because Nelly's an ould doll doesn't mean that she isn't interested in current fashion trends. In fact I've seen some trends come round for the third time. About 7-8 years ago brown was the new black and collars went all seventies. That took me back. The only thing that changes are the names. Boho chic and vintage - that was part of the hippy thing big in the late sixties and early seventies. These pointed shoes - we called them winklepickers.

But the odd thing comes along that surprises me - this summer it was writing on the arse of your trousers. Some of the wee clients were wearing trackies with 'ANGEL' or 'BABE' emblazoned on the back. I told them that I was getting a pair with 'HIPPOPOTAMUS' on them, then if I lost a bit of tonnage I'd get a pair that said 'ELEPHANT'.

No comments: