Monday, September 13, 2004

A Free Society

"Most Northern Ireland households can expect to pay up to £415 per year in water charges, it has been announced. The average household will pay £115 from April 2006, that will rise to £340 in 2008. " Won't be long now before we are paying for the air that we breathe. This is one of the joys of living in a capitalist society. Mind you this household has been paying for its water since the house was built so we shan't notice much difference to start with. The last half-year bill was over £500. Clematis* production uses a lot of water. That bill was not usual, its normally much less but we had a leak under the kitchen floor. The cement had corroded the copper piping and we didn't notice until the quarry tiles started floating. When youse wans start paying for your water, you'll need to watch for leaks and so on. The Water Board, or whatever they're going to call themselves, will hold you responsible for your leaks. *I'm trying to sneak in at least one mention of flipping clematis a day

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep mentioning Clematis. I love them!

Any chance of some free advice? I have three clematis plugs in the greenhouse that I have been growing on for about a month in 9cm pots. I know where I am going to put them, but I don't have the arch built yet and probably won't have it built before spring next year.

Can I just leave the clematis in their pots in the greenhouse? and should I pot them into bigger pots?

Thanks
Neil in Galgorm
neil@ballymena-hey.co.uk
www.neiljor.blogcafe.com

PS. On the water charges, Someone I know said that if we're charged a flat rate water charge that he will never turn his tap off just to sicken them. What do you think would happen if we all did that!!!?