Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Holiday

The bold Hannah has booked herself a ticket to Mexico via New York. Inspired by her derring-do I decided to book a couple of nights in a Scottish B&B. I'm just thinking of a wee quick jaunt to the west coast, take in some of those beautiful gardens, hang out in the bookshops of Wigtown. Then I tried to book the car on the ferry. Dear God! I know it's high season but we could go for a week to the Algarve for the price of that ferry. Thinks I, a body could buy a half-decent bicycle for the price of that.

So I had a chat with Bert and we have decided that we're buying him a bike! Rhinns of Galloway here we come.

4 comments:

Grannymar said...

A bicycle made for two I hope!

Anonymous said...

The Rhinns is a lovely part of the country, you'll have a great time! Used to go there quite alot as a wean (portpatrick has alot of old memories).

Just the Westcoast i take it???

Mikey x

Nelly said...

Bicycle made for one (each) as Bet would fall asleep and let me do all the work.

Mikey - just a couple of days. All being well we're for Edinburgh and above in September.

Musings of Mel said...

Oh gosh oh gosh I cannot wait. I read your post and thought you weren't coming and then I just read it again and now I think you are coming to Scotland. I hope you are!

I am away from 23 - 27 September but free apart that and I'm sure you were coming at the beginning. Aaahhh - will be so exciting to have you guys here!

Berts new bike looks ace!
Lots of love.
x x