Monday, April 21, 2014

I Wish I Had A Pencil Thin Moustache

So Bert grew a pencil thin moustache, the Boston Blackie kind. At least, that was his original plan. A good  pencil thin needs a lot of training and a delicate touch with the razor. I will give him this - he did shave oftener, all the better to accentuate his new facial hair.

Kent Taylor as Boston Blackie

Opinions on the pencil thin varied.


Pearlie: That's a sketch!
Clint: Damnable looking.
Me: You remind me of Blakey from On The Buses or maybe George Roper from Man About The House.
Rod: Really suits you mate.



Bert chose to listen only to Rod. I wasn't worried. I knew that he'd shave it off eventually and that I would be delighted with his fresh, youthful look.

Today was the day. It was like trading in an old worn out husband for a younger model.

Sorry there are no pictures. I couldn't have done that pencil thin justice. But here is one of Blakey from On The Buses.


Not Bert



6 comments:

Brig said...

That is too funny, even without the pictures of Bert.
The Cowman had a great full mustache for so many years that I didn't like it when he once shaved it off.

Nelly said...

Bert's moustache was the moustache of a hobo. Better that there were no photos. But, if he does it again...


Nelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grannymar said...

Do I take it you did not like the moustache?

I bet you are glad it was not like this: http://www.handlebarclub.co.uk/GalleryPhotos/TimBettertonbig.jpg

Nelly said...

I checked that out. I reckon Bert would have liked it.


Leitrim sister said...

that cheered me up