I read this here and here thought it might be fun.
1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before? Started a blog
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Yes. I gave up smoking on 15th March 2004. An unexpected consequence of doing so was that I drastically reduced my usage of cannabis. Sadly I increased my weight by about 20lbs so hopefully that will come off next year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No
4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes - my beloved dog Danny at 16 years old
5. What countries did you visit? None. But I did visit North Yorkshire for the first time.
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004? A waistline.
7. What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? 17th March because I got my dog Paddy on that day.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Giving up smoking.
9. What was your biggest failure? Forgetting to grow brussels sprouts.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I lost a dearly loved tooth.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Paddy.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Bert for being an all round brilliant fellow who cooked not one but two Christmas dinners.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? David Beckham, only joking. No-one I know.
14. Where did most of your money go? Ebay. But I’m over it.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Blogging.
16. What song will always remind you of 2004? The Lyre of Orpheus – Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? Fat as f**k.
iii. richer or poorer? Much poorer as I reduced my hours at work.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Walking.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Chocolate and jelly babies.
20. How will you be spending Christmas? Working, eating, drinking, spending, family, friends
22. Did you fall in love in 2004? Yes – with Paddy.
23. How many one-night stands? None
24. What was your favorite TV program? Goodness me, I don’t really watch TV except for the news and the occasional ‘reality show’
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? No. Hating people is bad for me
26. What was the best book you read? They were all damn good. I can’t be arsed reading crappy books any more.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? That it is never too late to take up a musical instrument
28. What did you want and get? A vegetable garden
[Hey! Where the hell is #29?]
30. What was your favorite film of this year? Shrek 2. I don’t get out much
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I ignored it. 51
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? A holiday
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004? Outsize
34. What kept you sane? Seroxat
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Catch yourself on.
36. What political issue stirred you the most? The War, the US election and the pathetic posturing of local politicians.
37. Who did you miss? Katy & Hannah.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I'm in agreement with Lawyer Guy who I quote “All of my faithful blog readers. *wink* Thanks so much!!”
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004: Keep cool. Don’t worry.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Skippy a friend ever true
Skippy the Bush Kangaroo