Thursday, April 20, 2006

Yours With An Aching Mouth

I wrote this on the 10th April,

Can you imagine working in a place where, on the Monday before Easter Monday, you don't know yet if you're working it?

After that posting I phoned my workplace and found out that I was off at the beginning of the week and not working until the Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I was a mixture of glad and mad.

I was glad that I had Easter Monday off. And glad that my requested day off (today) had been granted and then I was mad that I was being expected to work for a third weekend in a row.

But life gets in the way and I had the Big Girl’s Blouse Flu and didn’t work last weekend so no opportunity to check the rota for myself. Today I had two dental appointments, the first at 8.30am and the second at 3pm and yes, you’ve guessed it, another tooth has gone. I’d been waiting nearly six weeks for this appointment and had asked for it off as soon as I started the new place.

So this evening I phoned work to double check my hours and guess what? I was told that I was supposed to be working this evening.

As Richard Meldrew would have said, “I just don’t believe it!”

No comments: