Thursday, July 20, 2006

I'm Your Fan

When I first started reading Ed’s blog there were very few female commenters. It was, and still is, a blokish blog but for me that was part of its charm. I also liked his impeccable grasp of grammar although I noticed his spelling occasionally let him down. No doubt those errors occurred because he was frenziedly key bashing to get his impassioned rants out there.

Now I find Ed is building up a bit of a female following.

There is Toast, there is Sandra and there is The Swearing Lady

As I’ve been here the longest and am Ed’s oldest* female fan I bags the post of CatchThat Fan Club Secretary. I might be able to arrange a supply of signed photographs of the man himself. Can’t make any promises though.

*Seven years off pension age. So yahboo to the rest of you who will probably have to work until you are eighty.

18 comments:

David Todd said...

Have you got his Picture up on your wall?

Sandra said...

Well, You lead me to Him so I second your self-nomination as CTFC Secretary - as long as I get the first of the signed photos.

Nelly said...

Cyberscribe - that's so not my favourite picture of him. Although it was the first one I ever saw. He looks like some madcap from a 70s sitcom in that one. And that's not how I see Ed.

Sandra - I'll do my very best. Keep it in the family. ;)

Anonymous said...

Oooooooooo-kay. I am now, officially, a little scared.

And my speling is impeccababababale.

Nelly said...

Did you blush?

Hageltoast said...

lmao!! I stumbled onto his blog earlier this week through YOURS!!! so you can't complain about people knowing about it, when you are doing the publicity. ;)

As for my pension, i'll probably have to work to 180 to get a pension that covers my first cup of tea of the month way things are going.

Nelly said...

Toast - I'm not complaining. I think Ed deserves a far wider audience. Tell all your friends. He thinks he's not ready for world domination but he IS.

Anonymous said...

*cough* I would be the first person to have called him a good old-fashioned degenerate rightwinger.

See, if he is getting popular, I will have to withdraw my endorsement. Such is the life of a reprobate indie elitist, forever saying 'back in the day when only three people read him, and I...'

Nelly said...

Are you not jealous Marc? Jealous that you are not the Daniel O'Donnell of the Norn Iron blogosphere?

Anonymous said...

Ed's 1st Rule of Blogging:

When you're compared to Daniel O'Donnell, it is time to seriously consider where it all went wrong.

Anonymous said...

Jealous? Nah, I am made up for him. Ed is a good lad, deserves all the action he can get.

Err, did I say that out loud?

Oh, and I have more hair than him. But then again, so does a new born baby.

Nelly said...

I invite Ed comparisons that are more palatable (to him) than Daniel O'Donnell...

Anonymous said...

Ed: Randalstown's Kimberly to Cully's David

Ed: Alumni of the John Prescott school of weblogging

Ed: NI blogging's ginger one from Girls Aloud.

Ed: The Tony Soprano of Oddessy doormen

etc.

Anonymous said...

I hereby steal said comparisons.

David Todd said...

WHO? :-)

Nelly said...

Daniel O'Donnell's evil twin?

David Todd said...

I'm sure Ed's a better singer than Jeffffffffffreeeeeeee :-)

Anonymous said...

And in a strange twist, Jeffrey is now sending me spam. Offering decent prices for Rolex knockoffs, which is nice.