Friday, November 23, 2007

Raging

I'm raging. 

Christmas shopping. It's like housework. Never actually done. 

And to think, only the other day, I was smugly announcing that I'd nearly finished. It's this online shopping. There you are sitting googling away - the whole world at your fingertips, the only thing causing you grief the sheer amount of choice out there. Sitting there with your list and your credit cards, clicking away, not a care in the world. Pausing momentarily to remember that woeful Christmas Eve that found you sat down on the floor in Dunnes actually weeping. Yay! Shopping in the real world is for idiots.  

Then - Amazon mails to say that the wonderful gift you'd chosen for someone is out of stock. Annoying. But you get something else from the list.  And then you get an email from WorldPay to say that your money has been refunded except for the £2.50 they're trousering for their bother. Rage! I'm out charges and I get nothing for it.

I email the company concerned www.sweetiebag.com and get no reply. I telephone and get an answering machine. Rage!

It's not just the £2.50. That I can live with. It's the fact I never got an email from SweetieBag. How rude!

Eventually I get through to a human and what a human he turns out to be. Basically it's all my fault for failing to mention that Vancouver is in Canada. In my mind's eye I could see him sitting there, feet on the desk, idly playing with his balls, not giving a flying fuck. He could hardly care less the disaffected, useless wanker! I hope the company goes bust. SweetieBag my arse. Pissrag-douchebag more like. Did I mention I was raging?

Looks like I'm going to have to get that present to Canada the old-fashioned way.  

3 comments:

ellie said...

I am jealous. I only started my Christmas shopping yesterday and I have a long way to go, Looks like tomorrow will be spent googling.

Mudflapgypsy said...

I haven't done a pick of christmas shopping yet. I think 2001 I did the lot online. Not so organised this year at all. Make that not organised in anyway at all this year.

Pissrag-douchebag. That is insult of the week in my book.

Bah humbug.

Anonymous said...

Bloody Christmas - on Saturday I had to venture to the city centre to catch a bus and it was truly horrible. Princes St. is lined with garish brightly lit stalls & fairground-like rides and its all bright & nasty music & I hate it - I feel like I'm in Blackpool and its all Christmas' fault and I most definitely don't want to go shopping - online is a much safer bet!
Mel.xx