Monday, December 12, 2011

Those Happy Summer Days


look at my leeks, originally uploaded by NellyMoser.

It's during these bleak midwinter days that I find myself remembering the balmy days and long evenings of summers past. Thinking of the days when Bert, at least, could wander around shirtless. Obviously this photograph wasn't taken last summer as I don't think he'd his simmit* off once except the odd time he was showering.

But at least the this year's crop of leeks are ready and very delicious. That's something anyway.

*simmit Noun: A large undershirt.

2 comments:

Brig said...

Well dang the glare nearly blinded me...lol Would send a case of Cali sun, but I have to take the extra up to Sean's for Christmas, next time I'll send it your way.

Nelly said...

We don't get much sun that is for sure! But that is why our grass is so green.