Saturday, December 10, 2011

Out Of Area

An out of area call could be from my brother in Vancouver or it could be from my sisters in Real Ireland. Or. It could be from some tosser in a Call Centre being vague about who s/he is and being more than prepared to waste a great amount of my precious time.

The one that phoned this morning wanted to know what make of television I owned. I told him I didn't have one. Then he asked me what make of washing machine I owned and I told him it was none of his business. Then I hung up. Then he phoned straight back. Of course I ignored the call. Said he was from a company called DCI. What was that all about? Next time I'm wasting his time. If I'm in the mood. I wasn't in the mood this morning.

4 comments:

Grannymar said...

You should have told him to hold on while you checked it out, set the phone down noisily and left it there for 10 minutes... then walked back and hung up. If that didn't work, try a whistle.

Nelly said...

Is that what you do? I like it.

Marie said...

Sometimes I just offer to get 'Mrs Burrens' and turn on a CD and set the phone beside it. They are never there when I go back.
One was really confused when I asked, "Would you like me to get my credit card details?" even before I was asked. He said he thought he better hang up!!!
PS I don't have a credit card.

Nelly said...

I had another one this evening. Said I couldn't hear her because I was babysitting my granddaughter and she was playing the piano. Then I got Auntie Han to give the keyboard a good bashing whilst holding the receiver to it. She hung up. But you always get a wind-up silent call afterwards.