Thursday, April 16, 2009

Alex Got Them Call Centre Blues

Ring! Ring! Ring!

Nelly: Hello.

Alex: Good evening. Is that Mrs Nelly Moser?

Nelly: Yes. Speaking.

Alex: This is Alex ringing from ANBM.

Nelly: (wearily) And...?

Alex: As a valued ANBM customer you have been selected to...

Nelly: Wait till I tell you something Alex - I have just spent the evening with my mother and I am weary Alex. She has done my head in.

Alex: I'm sorry to hear that Madam but as a valued customer...

Nelly: You're not listening Alex. As I said I am weary. I am drinking gin...

Alex: As a valued customer...

Nelly: Drinking gin Alex. And weary. And cannot be bothered. Thank you for your call. Good night!

3 comments:

ejh said...

And yet, gin and all, you're still much more polite than I am with unsolicited phone spammers.

Angelalala said...

Kudos! x

evilganome said...

You would have thought he would have taken the hint when you said you'd spent the day with your mother. Or at least by the time you brought up the subject of gin.

Some people just can't take a hint!

Still, pity the poor sod. Would you want that job?