Sunday, February 02, 2014

Rice Krispie Buns


The girls had a sleepover last night and it was great fun. apart from the bit were they woke up at 6:30am. By this time they were both in my bed so, excuse any typos for I am exhausted. Martha came in about 2am, complaining that she "didn't like dogs walking on her hair". Judy and Jess both have a tendency to patrol the bedrooms during sleeping hours. Evie followed at around 4am.

I managed to persuade them to stay in bed another hour and after breakfast and baths we made Rice Krispie buns. It kind of defeated the purpose of baths, face-wise anyway. While the chocolate treats were hardening in the fridge they headed out for fresh air. Soon afterwards I heard Evie crying. I went to investigate.

What happened? Did you fall?
No. Marfa hit me.
Did you Martha? Come inside now. We need to talk about this.


We go inside. I notice that Evie looks a little red about the face. I ask,


Martha. Did you slap Evie's face?
No. I didn't. Because if I'd slapped her face my hands would be all chocolate and they're not.

And she held up her innocent, chocolate-free hands to prove her point. I had to admire her forensic reasoning.

So what did you do?
I hit her in the stomach.
Why?
She was trampling on the snowdrops.

So we had a talk about how snowdrops are really tough flowers and it didn't matter if Evie walked on them. And how it wasn't kind to hit her and then she said sorry to Evie and everything was OK.

So apart from that, and the getting up early and Evie getting 'touched' by the pigs we all had a wonderful time. Can't wait for the next sleepover.

3 comments:

Brig said...

I love this post, and your cutie pie granddaughters!

Nelly said...

Thank you Brighid.

Grannymar said...

Great fun, the tongues got plenty of exercise and not all from chattering.

Give us a lick!
I love the bibs, did you make them?