Saturday, November 13, 2021

Cake

 


Another birthday today, as Evie and Martha's Daddy just had a significant one. I hope he was well pleased with Ireland's win this afternoon. Not a bad way to spend a birthday.

Evie is pictured above waiting for the first of her birthday cakes but then, she's always waiting for cake. The two girls made their Dad's birthday cake today, their favourite, Chocolate Guinness Cake. For Dave's birthday tea this coming Monday I will be attempting to emulate the delectable ginger cake served at Angel and Cathal's wedding party last week. I did have the opportunity to speak with the baker but she gave nothing away apart from the fact that she used three times the amount of ginger she'd normally use. Luckily our birthday boy is a big fan of ginger and as his tastebuds have been slightly impaired by his recent brush with the dread virus, three times the usual amount of ginger will likely be the right amount.

I'm not sure if Martha didn't think that having to bake her father's cake was an imposition akin to forced labour but I assured her that she needed the practice as I am expecting her to bake my cake next September. For I'm never making my own cake ever again. If this does not happen there will be a soup course served instead. And, as everyone knows, soup doesn't work with birthday candles. 

4 comments:

Nelly said...

Thankee. I always declutter (and crop) for birthday pictures.

Mage said...

That's a charming shot. Yes, please keep us posted about the ginger.

Nelly said...

I'm still agonising about the ginger. Then I tell myself, it's only a cake, don't be scared.

Ratana said...

I really appreciate your professional approach.These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.
Cock Fighting Online_មាន់ជល់តាមអនឡាញ