Sunday, April 10, 2022

Tomorrow

Tomorrow my Katkin and her family are coming to stay with us, all the way from deepest, darkest Norfolk. They will be here for five days. Not long, I know, but we shall make the most of it.

It's been a week since I blogged here. Too busy making food, preparing rooms, knitting and watching Vikings. Sometimes all at once.



Bert started me off on Vikings. One evening I brought my knitting into his man cave to keep him company. Something very terrible was happening on the TV. I did not look. It is easy not to look when one is knitting. The thing that was happening was execution by blood eagle. If my reader does not know what that is and has a strong constitution, feel free to look it up.

I came late to Vikings. One of my Facebook friends was a regular extra on the show and recommended it to me years ago. And Bert seemed to be enjoying it. Katkin said that she and her husband watched it for a while but stopped because it got 'stupider and stupider'. Bert dropped out too but I kept going. It seemed to go with knitting. When it all got a bit rough I just kept my eyes on my stitchwork. I expect, had I lived in Paris during the French Revolution I'd have been a regular at the guillotine.






No comments: