Wednesday, March 08, 2023

Bert Chooses A Puppy

 


Since we've been together Bert and I have had nine dogs , of which six were strays or rescue dogs, one inherited from an elderly uncle and two (our current pair) that came as puppies from unplanned litters.

Apart from Roy, who belonged to Bert's Uncle Paddy and Bonnie who was christened by Pearlie (I liked her choice) all of our dogs were named by me. Surely it is time to give Bert a go?

So, when we decided we'd have one of  Tilly's accidental litter (9 puppies!) I thought Bert should choose and name it. Today he did the choosing bit, tomorrow she is to be named and in seven weeks or so we will bring her home.

I thought Bert would be indecisive but when the little brown girl was in his arms it seems he fell in love.

I said,

Do you want to look at some of the others?

He looked at the one in his lap and said,

But I like this one.

He didn't say but looked as if he might be thinking,

Don't take her away from me!



Swisser chose a pup too.

No comments: