Monday, August 17, 2026

Hello, Goodbye

 

I’m aware that it’s been a while since I last posted to Nelly’s Garden. My excuse? I’ve said hello to the Norfolk branch of my family, then, six days later, goodbye. That goodbye was followed, a couple of hours later, by a hello to Vancouver Brother, who stayed for four nights before I had to say goodbye to him this morning. Then it was hello to my Ballymena family for half a day, followed by goodbye some six hours later.

Which leaves Nellybert all alone with the cats and dogs…

Oh! I forgot about the hens. I said hello to two new hens - the first fowl I’ve had for several years.

So, it’s been a rather busy few weeks of family hellos and goodbyes.


Saying hello. Their first evening in County Antrim. They are back in Norfolk now. I hope to get over there myself early next year.


Their mother and I managed a day to ouselves at the Fleadh Cheoil na hÉireann in Belfast . She worked the pint and I took the picture. We had the best time. Roll on 2027.



The brother and Zoe on Waterfoot Beach. I was sad to say goodbye to him this morning. He’s in London this evening with London Sister and Ganching, together to mark the first anniversary of Jonny’s death.

And as Vancouver Brother lost his partner at the beginning of July, there will be a lot of love and some sadness as they gather together tonight.

So many hellos and goodbyes in such a short space of time. Cherish your darlings.


No comments: