Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Good Morning Campers!

I have to admit I rather liked shift work and having some variety in my working hours. So I’m finding it strange getting into this 9-5ish routine. People who do it tell me that it’s just a matter of getting used to the new pattern of doing things but I still find it hard cramming all my other activities into the weekends and evenings. I must, I really must, make better use of my time.

Take this morning for instance. This is how it should have been.

6:30 – alarm goes off. I spring out of bed, put on trainers and take the dogs for brisk walk.
7:00 – return home, put porridge on to cook then shower and dress.
7:15 – eat healthy breakfast, porridge, fruit, eggs and freshly squeezed orange juice.
7:30 – load dishwasher, washer, quick tidy round. Feed cat and Bonnie.
7:45 – make healthy packed lunch.
8:00 – check emails. Fix hair. Last minute check of essentials.
8:10 – off to work!

This is how it really was.

7:00 – alarm goes off.
7:15 – get up.
7:20 – feed Bonnie extra rations.
7:25 – ablutions and dress.
7:30 – make coffee, drink whilst watching Shaun the Sheep.
7:40 – check emails, play Blasphemous Game on computer.
8:05 – get into mad rush, combing hair, finding keys
8:10 – nick tenner from Bert for unhealthy lunch then off to work!

No comments: