Sunday, August 12, 2007

James Blunt: He's A.....

D asked me today what I thought of James Blunt. Something happened, maybe that was when Gracie rolled in a dead fish or some such thing, and I never got round to saying. Anyway, for the record, I can't bear the wee get.

Today was one of those days when you remember exactly what you were doing a long time ago.

In 1977, on this day, I was in London. I was working as a chambermaid in the Inverness Terrace Hotel in Bayswater, living in grotty rooms in Holland Park (bet it's not so grotty now) and it was in a friend's flat in Paddington that I heard that Elvis was dead.

I must confess that I wasn't a huge Presley fan and it took a while for his death to affect me. It was 2004 before I realised what we had lost.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember visiting you there. Somewhere have photos of me looking very bronzed n hairy. Mickxx

Nelly said...

Wearing a green sweater and brown flares. You came up from Cornwall. That was an incredibly hot summer. You must have been melted!