Thursday, August 28, 2008

A-Hootin' And A-Hollerin'

I was so tired last night I took the night off Pearlie and went to bed really early.

What made you so tired?

Out in the spud field every night. Anyway I was just dropping off to sleep when Pearlie started scraiking for Bert.

What was she skraiking about?

Oh turns out she wanted him to take her socks off.

Could she not do that herself? I mind your Daddy used to...

She must have been shouting at him for half an hour. She'd go, 'Bert-EE! Bert -EEEE!' then she'd stop a while and then she'd start again.

Why'd you not go down to her?

In case I killed her. I knew it was just some wee stupid thing she wanted. There wasn't a hope of Bert hearing her. He likely had the TV blaring and playing his clarinet. I probably should have slipped down and at least told him she was hollering for him but I was just that stubborn. I was supposed to be having the night off and I wouldn't give in. I can't bear feeling I'm always at her beck and call. I'm going to get earplugs.

Oh you can't do that.

Why not?

You should let Bert decide that.

What!?

If he wants to wear earplugs.

Not Bert. Me! So I don't hear her hootin' and hollerin' when it's my night off. Either that or I'm moving into the caravan.

I don't know how you stick it. It'd put me in the mental.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I second that! You buy the ear plugs and a spare pair for your handbag. ;)

Nelly said...

You'd need the patience of a saint - and sometimes I just feel a bit ratty.