Sunday, August 31, 2008

Reasons Not To Blog

Myself and a fellow blogger had a conversation tonight. The subject was blogging. She says,

Do you ever think of stopping?

Not really,


says I.

Why would I do that?


Reasons Not To Blog

  • I can't/won't blog about my work life because it's business and, unlike my feelings for my previous job, I actually would care if I got dooced.
  • I've got a lot of heavy feelings about home life, responsibilities and ageing that are mostly to do with living with Pearlie. I haven't worked these out yet. All I know so far is that looking after an elderly relative is not about being a nice person. In fact it brings out your inner shit and it doesn't feel that great.
  • Is blogging even where it's at these days? So many good bloggers have fallen by the wayside.
  • Then there are the big issues. It seems trivial to blog about chickens and foxes and cake and gin when I'm secretly worried (not so secret now) about the world, specifically climate change, the economy, global politics and getting old.
  • I'm also worried about my drinking. I rarely get noticeably drunk but since Pearlie came to live with us I drink a little bit of alcohol pretty much every day.
  • And then of course there's my obsession with wordgames on Facebook. First it was the late lamented Scrabulous, sadly missed, now the equally addictive Wordscraper. When would a body get time to blog?

No comments: