Saturday, June 19, 2010

Faith

You know I have a great belief in the power of prayer.


Indeed. Prayer is a wonderful thing.


It can move mountains for sure.


You are right there.


I have great faith in the prayer to Saint Peregrine.


I must admit that Saint Peregrine is a new one on me.


Saint Peregrine is the patron saint of cancer.


Is that so?


It is. And I have prayed to Saint Peregrine for an awful lot of people.


Sure it can do no harm.


There was this young fellow I knew once whose mother was a great friend of mine. She was a cousin of John MacQ - the same John MacQ whose sister was married to Pat Joe Dobbin who you’ll mind living at the junction.


I can’t say that I know him or his people.


Anyway he had cancer and I prayed steady for him for he was only a young man in his forties.


What was the outcome?


Sure didn’t he get better. The doctors tested him thoroughly and couldn’t find one trace of cancer left in him. It was a miracle. He died three weeks later from a heart attack but clean cured of cancer!

1 comment:

Tony Adams said...

Proving that

a)If one saint doesn't neglect you, another will.

http://www.milagroscatalog.com/product.jsp?path=-1%7C644415%7C750485%7C900568%7C998092%7C765370&id=765230

b)They don't talk to each other.