Sunday, November 29, 2015

Ungava by R.M. Ballantyne



I do like poking around derelict and abandoned homes. Once, a good while ago, I found some old damp books in a derelict farmhouse and I removed these illustration pages from one by an author I was familiar with. R.M. Ballantyne wrote about a hundred books but the only two I'd read were The Coral Island and The Dog Crusoe and they were old-fashioned even when I was reading them. Today, whilst sorting out my filing cabinet, I found the pages mouldering in a sad and forgotten file called Hobbies & Home. So I scanned them and stuck them on Flickr. I even checked out the book on-line. I might have enjoyed it if I'd come across it in 1965. There was even a girl in it!




Link to my Flickr


2 comments:

nancyblackett said...

omg, I was trying to work out why the author name was familiar and then Coral Island! I loved that book when I was a kid, I must hunt it out and Ungava

Nelly said...

Ungava is probably out of print but can be found on line.