Thursday, August 23, 2007

Eleven Months Later

I left Tinkerton and hostel work eleven months ago with the intention of working part-time and studying for a diploma in teaching ICT. Things didn't go exactly to plan. I ended up accepting the offer of a full-time job and keeping on with the course with less free time to study than I'd envisaged.

At one point I got so stressed that I was on the verge of quitting the course but our teacher would have none of it. So I struggled on and it was tough, especially towards the end.

Now I've got the diploma (heard today) and I've also got six months experience of a new and challenging job under my belt.

Thanks to our teacher, a wonderfully supportive bunch of fellow students, Bert for putting up with me, my family for encouraging me and CD for letting me work on assignments in quiet moments.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Thats brilliant news Mary - perseverance paid off. Hope all is good in Norn Iron - was super sunny here today and unfortunately I spent all day trapsing round Glasgow book shops for work. Ho well - could be doing worse things!
speak soon.
Love Mel.xx

David Todd said...

and, you've lost 18 lbs since 02/07/07

Well Done! :-)

Anonymous said...

Excellent! Well done, Ms Moser DiPlomA.

Anonymous said...

Mattie told me on the phone. She said you were very chirpy. Congratulations you deserved it.

Anonymous said...

Brill News! Well deserved.

There will be some party in Nelly Bert's this weekent to celebrate I am sure.

Nelly said...

Thanks for all the encouraging comments. I'm on my third glass of celebratory Chardonnay as I tap this out.

PS to Grannymar - I got one Paddington already thanks to your darling girl's useful tip. When the second one arrives I'll be blogging about it.

Anonymous said...

Good for you Nelly, I knew you'd do it.

Anonymous said...

Well done Nelly! Pleased for you. :)

Anonymous said...

Very Well Done Mary, i knew you would do it.

Nelly said...

Thanks everybody for your lovely comments.

Mudflapgypsy said...

Very many congratulations!!

(I am catching up on me blog readin'.)

Anonymous said...

Knew you could do it. Well Done Mum!

Love Katkins

Anonymous said...

well done nelly, its great when a plan comes together!

mikey x

Anonymous said...

Catching up on blogs - congratulations, Nelly! You really deserve every success.