Tuesday, March 14, 2006

That's No Way To Get Along (Robert Wilkins)

Woke up this morning - I got the menopausal blues so bad.

Cannot decide what has brought that on. It could be that I've spent hours collating and listening to my blues music collection.

Or it could be the Stormy Weather (Ethel Waters) that is making me feel blue.

Maybe I've got the Hound Dog blues (Big Momma Thornton) because Scruff is Going Down South (R.L. Burnside) at the weekend?

Perhaps it's listening to songs like Romance In The Dark (Lil Green) and My Gal's A Jockey (Big Joe Turner) reminding me that The Thrill Is Gone (BB King) and that my libido appears to have vanished.

I do realise that all this bluesy angst is Nobody's Fault But Mine (Blind Willie McTell) and that having the Sobbin' Sister Blues (Clara Smith) is not going to Help Me (Sonny Boy Williamson) one little bit.

So I'll go out Walkin' The Dog (Rufus Thomas) because I've got Ramblin' On My Mind (Robert Johnson) and I'll hope they don't go off on a Fox Chase (Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee) and then I'll see if that doesn't head off these Crazy Blues (Mamie Smith)

2 comments:

Hageltoast said...

see, now i have an urge to lock myself in a dark room with a bottle of Jim Beam and some serious Blues.

Nelly said...

Take someone in with you to share the Jim Beam. The blues can be pretty life-affirming too.