Saturday, July 16, 2011

Ooops!

This evening, in a frenzy of dish cleaning, I picked up my mobile phone and immersed it in a sinkful of sudsy water. It was strange to see its bright little face blinking out at me through the Fairy Liquid soup - gave me such a start. So I did what any sensible person would do. Abandoned dish washing for I was obviously overdoing it. A child took my phone apart and set its component parts in a warm dry place (thanks Ben) while I cracked open a bottle of Italian red.

The phone may or may not survive. Who cares? Not me.

2 comments:

Andrea from Neath said...

Ah well! My first mobile phone fell out of my shirt pocket into a lav at the cinema! My second into a pint of cider at an international rugby match! My third did then last me years until this month. I now have a "smart" phone. It is ridiculously complicated and I have no resident teenager to help me understand it. Takes nice photos tho!

Nelly said...

I wouldn't trust myself with a smart phone although I do gaze enviously at the ones that younger friends have. I'm off to Tesco for a cheap replacement later on today.