Tuesday, November 01, 2011

First November

At last! A proper Autumn day - dry, crisp, mellow. I picked a pound of Autumn raspberries today - straight into the freezer with them. I must learn to make Pavlova. Cousin Margaret is an expert - I shall insist she gives me a tutorial.

It's been an anxious day waiting for Zoe to have the baby. Today was her due date but, so far, no action. Also anxious because Bonnie has started limping badly. Off to the vet with her this evening where we saw the same vet we saw last time we were there which was a mere month ago. Or maybe it was her identical twin sister. Last time sore on foreleg probably cancer, here's some ointment, she's too old to operate on. This time same sore on foreleg, giving her a lot of gyp, she's a fresh looking old girl, we'll operate. Tomorrow. I wonder if I'm doing the right thing?

I considered taking her to my cousin the vet but I expect he'd operate anyway. Hope I'm doing the right thing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom used to say "It never rains, but it pours!" So I'm sending an umbrella of good thoughts to you all.
Hoping all goes well.

anne

Nelly said...

Bonnie doing very well I'm glad to say.

Anonymous said...

Good to hear. Still rooting for Zoe. Nothing's as long as 'overdue' days as I recall.

Best to you all.

anne