Wednesday, February 10, 2021

In Which Bert Displays His Vast Knowledge Of All Things Windsor

My main interests right now are the Trump impeachment proceedings and the numbers of garden birds coming to the feeding station right outside the room where I sit at my desktop keeping up with the Trump impeachment proceedings.


So it was a welcome diversion when the Te*****ph posted pictures of Princess Anne and her current husband watching the rugby in their ‘sitting room’ at Gatcombe Park. It is obviously a much better thing to debate the poshness, cosiness and relatability of the Princess Royal’s den than to be concentrating on the amount of pressure her dear mother and the eldest brother have been putting on the government regarding legislation which might have a detrimental effect on their privilege.


So much so, that when Bert informed me that Princess Eugenie had delivered a baby, my first remark was,


So what? Another freeloader!


Yet still, I asked,


What was it?


I don’t know. But it weighed 17 pounds.


But back to Anne’s living room. The Te*****ph were trumpeting it as how the posh really live and I’m thinking, if that’s posh then Bert’s Aunt Lizzie must be really posh for all I could see was mismatching furniture, ornaments and pictures cluttered everywhere and rugs (trip hazards) scattered all over the existing carpet. No doubt a closer examination would show canine piss stains in all the corners. Just like Lizzie’s.





I showed the picture to Bert and he had to agree, was just like Lizzie’s house.


Then he said,


So who was that bloke with Anne? Was it Mark Phillips?


No! They’re divorced for more than thirty years. The new hubby is Tim Laurence.


Who did she have the weans with?


Mark Phillips.


And that was Eugenie and Peaches?


No! Peter and Zara.


Did she have any with the new bloke?


No. They were both over forty when they married. He was in the navy. It was a good career move for he’s a vice admiral now. I think he was only a cabin boy when they got together. And where did you get Peaches from?


Well, I knew it was the same name as Marty’s dog.


Marty’s dog is not called Beatrice. By the way, the new royal freeloader is a boy. You remember what it weighed?


Yeah! Eighteen pounds. That’s a good weight for a boy.



5 comments:

Peggy Jamison said...

Like Josephine I loved this. Never stop writing Mary XX

Nelly said...

Thanks, Peggy. I'm going to keep it up. I might be in the running for the logest-running personal blog yet.

Ronni said...

I see a comfy, cozy room. Unpretentious.

Nelly said...

Well, Anne is supposed to be the most down-to-earth of the royal family. Also, wasn't fussed on Trump and was one of a group that were taking the piss during some State event.

Nelly said...

Thanks, Mage. Hugging ya right back!