Thursday, May 20, 2021

Another Rainy Day

Another bloody rainy day. I like a bit of rain now and again, as all gardeners do, but this is all a bit too much. It's windy as well. I brought some house plants to my local charity shop today as I have decided to concentrate on large plants and offload many of my smaller specimens. The plants donated were all self-propagated, an aloe vera, a tiny dracaena, a pink pelargonium and a spindly begonia. The wind blew the blossoms off the pelargonium as I was walking to the shop.

Of course, I bought stuff when I got in there. A glass citrus juicer and a James Wong gardening book.  Cost me one pound coin only. I needed the juicer as my old one was damaged and I wanted the James Wong as I enjoy his columns in the Guardian and Observer. His take on growing ones own is interesting. Why grow fruit and veg which is easily accessible and cheap at the greengrocer's? 

James Wong will be going to bed with me tonight as will Maggie O'Farrell and Tana French. Might be a bit crowded as Holly de Cat will be there too.


Fred enjoying a spot of birdwatching.



A young and rather soggy siskin.









2 comments:

Deirdre Byrne said...

Poor soggy siskin out in that day. I've been watching thrushes and blackbirds mainly and was very excited the spot a woodpecker a few weeks ago. Loving your bird feeder pics

Nelly said...

I'd love to see or even hear a woodpecker. We're all bird mad here, even Hannah.