Monday, May 03, 2021

Snark and Sup

 Snark

Today supposedly marks 100 years since the creation of the Northern Irish state. Our council planted several trees in commemoration. Hopefully not placed too near a bonfire site or they’ll not see the next 100 days, never mind years.


Meanwhile, I’m hearing that the council next door planted an entire wood. They always like to go one better.


The anniversary means little to me, coming as I do from the nationalist side of the road. However, it did offer an opportunity to say to Richard and later to Dave,


Happy anniversary, Protestant.


They both took it in good part.


Sup



Winter Cress

This time last week I did not know what that plant was. It just sprang up in the yard, growing through stones. This week, thanks to a plant identification page on Facebook, I know it is winter cress and that it is an edible. I included it in tonight's salad. 


Monday night is Gardener's Supper although the only gardener was Zoe. The girls were riding bikes round the yard, Dave was fixing up the camp and Bert was at the neighbour's assisting with a difficult calving. A two vet delivery, I'm told. Bert held the cow's tail.


The Camp



Maya and I fixed dinner. It was a Chorizo and potato stew and a chocolate sponge. Both served with sour cream. 


Maya, photo by Martha



2 comments:

London Sister said...

Sounds like you provided a good meal. And you all have been planting trees for months - in celebration of the planet!

Nelly said...

Providing that family dinner is the highlight of my week. It's going to be wonderful watching those trees grow.