Wednesday, November 30, 2022

#Diary Entry 5

Bert and I have been watching The English on Swisser's recommendation and have enjoyed it. It is beguiling, intriguing, beautiful to look at, well-written and well-acted. The ending was a bit of a faff but no matter. The only thing that spoiled it was our internet connection which is not behaving well at all.

So - I phoned our internet provider and spoke to someone who sounded like Martin Compston. I fell slightly in love, even though it's highly likely the fellow was young enough to be my grandson. Anyway, he was most helpful, giving us faster broadband, a new router, and a cheaper and better phone deal, all for less than we've been paying for half a decade. I should have phoned him five years ago except he'd probably only have been doing his GCSEs at that time.

That done, went shopping and bought a new coat, my first in many years. It's navy blue and is reminiscent of the Burberry I wore when I was a pupil at St Louis Convent Grammar School. Needless to say, I love it. It's so smart and sensible - no matter how Einstein-like my hair, how stripey my socks or how unfortunate my trousers, this coat will pull everything together and make me respectable. Cannot wait for Leitrim Sister to meet me off the Enniskillen bus and be wowed by my chic.

Did I mention I'm going to Leitrim at the weekend? Leitrim Sister and Yer Man should know that I have set aside some of my winter fuel allowance to spend in Wynns of Drumkeeran  - for what could be more warming than the local gin?




1 comment:

Susannah said...

This is one of my two favorite gins! It's always a good idea to stock up for the winter.