Monday, January 01, 2024

New Years Day




The day did not get off to a good start. Bert came downstairs waving a copy of Frank O'Connor's Dutch Interior and giving off about it being the worst book he'd ever read.

Why did you read it then?

Because I kept thinking something would happen.

And did it?

No. Nothing happened and there were far too many people in it and they did nothing and what had it all got to do with a Dutch Interior anyway?

I was intrigued. I've only ever read O'Connor's short stories so I'll be adding Dutch Interior to my to-read list. I suggested he might like to read First Confession as I consider it to be an excellent short story. I hoked it out for him and said,

That might be easier for you to understand. Or maybe not.

He said, 

Are you saying that I'm stupid?

No. You're not stupid, you're Protestant.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Boyo a protestantšŸ˜”

Anonymous said...

Unconditional love here.

Nelly said...

Anon 1 - he is and I love him for it.

Anon 2 - see above.