Wednesday, January 04, 2023

Where's My Engineer?

Two weeks and two days now since I first reported our broadband down. Three appointments with BT Openreach engineers since the broadband went down. The first was a charming chap who turned up bang on time on the Thursday before Christmas. He said it was too foggy to go 'on the road' to fix the fault and advised me to upgrade to Fibre2 and then, probably, they'd sort it between Christmas and the New Year. I thought I had already upgraded but it turns out not as my 'box wasn't big enough' and no one informed me of this as they had sent the sad news to an email address that wasn't mine. I do remember saying to Bert that I saw little improvement with the new package. Little wonder, as we hadn't received it.

I lost count of the number of call-centre staff I've spoken to since but it must be in the high teens. The most obnoxious was English Chris and the nicest Scottish Joan. The most entertaining was Mr Cussalot who was working from home (I could hear his children shrieking in the background). If Cussalot said 'Jesus Christ' once he said it half a dozen times. I have a suspicion he wasn't a Christian. I didn't mind for neither am I but he'd be in trouble if it had been Jeffrey or Arlene phoning him.

The second and third engineers? No clue - they didn't turn up. The latest no-show being today.

We have two mini hubs, one for Hannah, and one for us. I had book 4 of the Cazalet Chronicles delivered today, we are both feeling a lot better although still testing positive and I've got to hit publish on this soon as Bert is waiting impatiently for Happy Valley, Series 3, Episode 1. I sat him down in front of Series 1 on Tuesday and we have ripped through 1 and 2 in three days. He's hooked. I've seen them all before but it was quite a while ago.  

Not An Openreach Engineer. If Only... 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain Nelly. I really do.

Nelly said...

Have you been there, Anon?

ganching said...

I'm reading some of Howard's earlier books and they are very, very good. Highly recommend listening to the Backlisted podcast about her. Hope your internet gets sorted out soon.

Nelly said...

It's a nightmare. All been shelved until Monday. BT Openreach won't even let them book an appointment.