Monday, March 30, 2020

A Life

For two consecutive nights, my dreams have featured feral children.

Narcissus

In these dreams, I have tried and failed to contain the children. Which is a rather obvious analogy for Covid-19.

Earlier today, Bert and I were having a conversation about stupidity. We came to the (obvious) conclusion that the most dangerous people in the world are the stupid, those so stupid that they think they are clever. Can you think of anyone?

Someone called to our house this evening. He didn't get to come in and when I came to investigate I found him standing less than a metre away from Bert. I said (not joking)

You're too close.

(I know, it is so weird. We'll laugh about it afterwards.)

He said,

Ach. That's a lot of nonsense.

I said,

You might think so. But we don't. So respect our opinion.

He was stung. Not used to outspoken women. (I don't care.)

These are strange, strange days.

Wallflower

4 comments:

London Sister said...

You are quite right, you have to hold your boundaries with people. Keep safe

Susannah said...

Very strange days. I am filled with equal measures of absolute rage and wrenching sadness most of the time. And helplessness. I have been having very strange dreams for the last three weeks. Last night was the first time I dreamt specifically about covid-19 although I don't remember the details.
Stand your ground! And thanks for the flower photos :)

Mage said...

you are not too close.

The wall flower image is wonderful.

Nelly said...

Thank you for the support, everyone. Susannah, you are welcome and I hope, in the coming weeks, that your rage and sadness eases. There is still hope. Mage, so good to see you on the mend. For your sake, for everyone's, I wish this could be a better time for recovery.