Thursday, August 04, 2005

Bin Bag on the Ground

Come and look out through the window
The midday sun is shinin' down
Tell me now don't it remind you
Of a bin bag on the ground

Remember back when drink first found us
We'd go slippin' into town
And we'd drink beside the river
On a bin bag on the ground

I'll get a bin bag from the kitchen
And we'll go drinkin' once again
To that spot down by the river
Where our drinkin' first began

Just because we're never sober
Don't mean we can't drink outside
So let's walk out through the sunshine
And lay the bin bag on the ground

Do you remember just how plastered
We used to get drinkin' cheap wine
That old Buckfast was our buddy
And the beer was very fine

Now you know drink still excites me
I know you love it just like me
Just once more I wish we're drinkin'
On a bin bag on the ground

I'll get the bin bag from the kitchen
And we'll go drinkin' once again
To that spot down by the Braid
Where our drinkin' once began

Acknowledgements to Miss Billie Jo Spears

No comments: