Saturday, August 26, 2017

A Brisk Catch-Up

August 2017 is shaping up to be one of the worst months ever for Nelly-blogging. And it's not because there's nothing going on  - it's just that I cannot seem to be bothered writing about it. Must try harder or, when I'm in my dotage,  there will be nothing to remind me of what was going on late summer, YOOL 2017.

Lily

So - what is going on? Bert has fallen in love with Lily. This always happens. If he has an animal for long enough he becomes besotted with it. This is why cattle farming isn't working out for him. He will NEVER be able to sell The Quiet Cow or Evil Edna. When I firsr knew him he hated cats, now he adores Holly and thinks very highly of Fred.



Today we went for a walk in Bracknamuckley Wood and I tramped briskly* around the paths for 30 minutes solid while Bert sat on the canoe steps and stared at the river. It must be a bloke thing for I noticed on my walk another River-Starer on the other side of the bank, standing on a boat, no fishing-rod, no camera, no binoculars - just gazing at the river. I continued to tramp along only pausing briefly to take quick pictures of fungi, darsn't stop too long as my pedometer was clocking up the aerobic activity. I considered a fitness tracker but decided agin it on the grounds of expense and fanning the flames of my OCD, pedometer will do me. I don't even want to know about my heart rate or how much I sleep.

Other news. Bert fulfilled long-ago promise and got Hannah a car. It's nearly as old as Ben but in good nick. The tax and insurance on it are more than twice its value but Ziggy is pleased with it. His own vehicle at long last.

Even more other news - I might find myself dallying around the tights and dresses department of Baby at Next and New Born at TK. Maxx. There's going to be more to look forward to in 2018 than just getting my pension.

About 6 million middle-aged people in England are endangering their health by not taking so much as a brisk walk once a month

No comments: