Friday, August 04, 2017

Up and About

For the past couple of weeks I've been feeling a bit off. Mostly bloating, indigestion and cramps. I put it down to a diet that needed to be rethought. Then, about ten days ago it got worse, with severe cramps and backache that woke me in the middle of the night. It lasted 6-8 hours, next day I'd feel a bit washed out but carried on. That happened three times so I decided to see my GP. I was actually mid-bout when I saw her, pain that started at 3am. It did not ease until six that evening.

The doc thought it was inflammation of the oesophagus and prescribed accordingly but gave me nothing for the severe backache. I spent the next two days in bed, sleeping whenever the pain abated. I was barely able to drink or eat. By the end of the second day the medication must have started to do its work and I was mostly pain and cramp free by yesterday but, so tired and still without an appetite.

Today though, from my first waking moment, I knew I was nearly better. It was a good day. I pottered around, did some watering, even took some photographs. I rested, watched a lot of streamed TV. One episode each of In The Dark (I cried) and Game of Thrones. I binged on Top of the Lake - three episodes. And I was hungry! And ate several small meals. Doctor's orders!

Tonight, as a beautiful waxing gibbous moon rose behind the trees on the front lawn meadow and bats flittered past my window I felt so happy to be back in the land of the ambulant and enjoying life again.







6 comments:

plum said...

Glad you're feeling better. A wee gin or two would cure you.
The poppies look lovely.

Mage said...

Welcome home. I wonder what it was.

Nelly said...

Thank you Yvonne & Mage. Y - I don't know. Maybe gin is part of the problem? I'm taking a break from alcohol.

M - simple digestive problems, I hope.

Mage said...

I hope you are still feeling better.

hootchinhannah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nelly said...

Mage, I am. I've just been so busy catching up with things that I haven't taken a moment to blog. Thank you so much for your concern.

Above comment was deleted by me because my daughter had been using my account and it looked like she was the one who had written it.