Monday, December 05, 2005

Bono Is...

I sense that Ed doesn’t like Bono much. So I thought I’d do a “Bono is…” search on Google to see what came up and if there was anything that Mr Hillan might find pleasing. I think that he’d like the first one best and that he’d like number 7 better if the letter R in flattered was replaced by the letter N. And if the Rolling Stones were actual big boulders hurtling down a steep hill towards Mr Bono.

1. Bono Is Dead
2. Bono is regarded by many to be the leading authority in the world…
3. Bono is nominated for another award and you can go vote for him...he is currently in the lead;). Basically he is nominated for the Most Inspiring Person ...
4. Bono is nominated for yet another humanitarian honor…
5. Bono is an egomaniac. He knows this and frequently apologizes for it…
6. Bono is on a crusade to help Africans fight the AIDS crisis, reduce their nation's massive debt and improve their health care.
7. Bono Is Flattered by Rolling Stones.
8. Bono is good for business
9. many people question whether Bono is "really" a Christian, due to his notoriously bad language, liberal politics, and rock star antics
10. bono is also Italian slang for "sexy"

I must say that I was a little bit shocked at the number of hits this search turned up.

What is it about the squat Dubliner that inspires this heady mix of hatred and adulation?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1 would be nice. 7 could be promising. 5 starts well, then tapers off.

Why do I not like Bono? I can;t quite put my finger on it, but to quote a certain SWM "I fuckn hate Bono".

Glassed.