Thursday, December 22, 2005

The Wrong Present

As Hannah and I drive home after a tough shopping expedition I remark,

What date is it Hannah? The 22nd?

Aye.

I can't believe I've all my Christmas shopping finished! I've never had it finished so early before.

Aye. Me too. We're well ahead of ourselves this year.

And I've got most of my wrapping done too. I'm usually doing that at the last minute on Christmas Eve.

Aye. It's great to get it redd up.

Oh God! I've just thought of something. Zoe is never going to like the book I bought her! I've never once heard her express an iota of interest in blah-blah-blah.

No. Me neither.

Oh God! What will I do?

You could give it to Dad. He likes blah-blah-blah.

But I never get Mick a present. Anyways what will I get Zoe? I can't face the town again. And I thought I was finished....

No comments: