Sunday, May 12, 2019

The Joy of Weeding

This is going to be a shorty as weeding is rather tiring. Not tiresome, tiring.

Now, the title - The Joy of Weeding. Some might consider that an oxymoron. Weeding joyful? Is that not a gardener's most hated task? I disagree. I find weeding extremely satisfying. Not the fiddly itty-bitty kind of weed pulling, the sort I like is when the area is so neglected that the weeds are monsters. Big brutes that have to be worked out with a big strong fork. Then, when the area is cleared there is the planting. Lobelia cardinalis (shop bought) and potentilla 'Monarch's Velvet' and eryngium, the latter two sown and grown from my own collected seed.

A robin kept me company as I worked. Tried for a picture but it wasn't great. The bee on the borage was a better shot.


No comments: